Tax returns in Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland

Foreigners working in Poland, Slovakia or the Czech Republic in most cases are obliged to prepare and send Income tax returns.

In case that in a fiscal year, most of your incomes where in one country only - the Czech Republic, Slovakia or Poland you will have a possibility to use several tax reliefs.

Please note that in the case of having own business in any other country, you may be obliged to pay additional social security insurance.


Charitable giving and blood donation

You may deduct up to 10% of your Czech yearly incomes but not less than 1000 Czech crowns.

For Poland you may deduct up to 6% of your income, however, there is no minimum. 

Blood donations are also deductible. 

Additionally you may decide, to which charity organization 1% of your paid taxes will be sent by tax office. Our office reserve right to choose organization. 

Mortgage allowance

Your Czech or Slovakian taxed income will be reduced by interest paid in your mortgage for house or flat in which you are living if it is situated in EU.

Payments to registered pension schemes

From Czech income, you may deduct payments for pension schemes if monthly rates are higher than 1000 CZK and lower than 2000 CZK.

In Poland, there is the only maximal limit for pension schemes, which is 5718 PLN.

Labour union donations

If you are a member of the labour union in the Czech Republic or Poland, you may deduct your contributions.

Vocational exams and other exams confirming new skills  

In case you passed any exams that prove your skills, you may deduct fees from your Czech income.

Basic bonus

The Czech Republic doesn’t have a basic personal allowance, but instead of that, there is a basic tax bonus deducted from calculated tax. This changes every year. If you have worked for one employer only and for whole year this was most likely already calculated in your salary. 

Personal allowance in Poland is mostly already in your salary, however tax return is obligatory.    

In Slovakia tax bonus is mostly calculated in Your salary, but tax return is obligatory. 

Spouse bonus

If your spouse is unemployed you may lower your Czech or Slovakian tax.  

In Poland, You can send joined tax declaration which mostly reduces your tax obligation.

Bonus for a disabled person

Depending on the level of your disability, you may deduct up to 16140 CZK from Czech tax.

In Poland following amounts will increase Personal allowance for a disabled person:

  • 2280 PLN for a car owned by a disabled person. It is not necessary to use special adjusted cars.
  • Prescribed medicaments when paid more than 100 PLN monthly.

Student’s bonus

Czech students can deduct additional 4020 CZK.

Kindergarten bonus

If your child is in paid kindergarten, you may deduct up to 9200 CZK from Czech tax.  

Relief for Children

Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic grant special tax bonus for children. Large families can gain a much higher bonus. You will be paid also in case, that whole tax is lower than the calculated bonus.



Preparing tax return for PL, CZ and SK

€ 50,-

Translation of documents if required by tax authorities (per page)

€ 30,-

Above prices are valid if we can choose charity organization in Poland and Slovakia (part of your taxes, tax office can send directly to charity). 

business Contact data
Šafránice 555
547 01 Náchod 1
Czech Republik
VAT ID: CZ8410083946

Phone +420 774 68 24 00
account_balance_wallet Average Rate Currency

EUR 1.6088 AUD
EUR 25.422 CZK
EUR 0.84045 GBP
EUR 391.48 HUF
EUR 4.2495 PLN
EUR 11.5375 SEK
EUR 1.0907 USD
© 2010 - 2024 Jakub Piotr Sowiński